Effective date: May 3rd 2018
Preface Studios Ltd of Limited of Pickwick House, Bunces Lane, Burghfield Common, Reading, Berkshire, RG7 3DL, England (“us”, “we”, or “our”) operates the prefacestudios.com website (the “Service”).
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our Service and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Personal Data
Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from those data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data
Usage Data is data collected automatically either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Data Controller
Data Controller means a person who (either alone or jointly or in common with other persons) determines the purposes for which and the manner in which any personal data are, or are to be, processed.
- Data Processor (or Service Providers)
Data Processor (or Service Provider) means any person (other than an employee of the Data Controller) who processes the data on behalf of the Data Controller.
We may use the services of various Service Providers in order to process your data more effectively.
- Data Subject
Data Subject is any living individual who is the subject of Personal Data.
The User is the individual using our Service. The User corresponds to the Data Subject, who is the subject of Personal Data.
Legal Basis for Processing
We collect and use Personal Data in order to provide you with access to our Service in a reliable and secure manner. We also collect and use Personal Data:
- For our legitimate business needs.
- To fulfil our contractual obligations to you.
- To comply with our legal obligations.
To the extent we process your Personal Data for any other purposes, we ask for your consent in advance or require that our partners obtain such consent.
Information Collection And Use
- Types of Data Collected
- Personal Data
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number (Landline & Mobile)
- Company name
- Address, County, Postcode, City, Country
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may use your Personal Data:
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To provide and maintain our Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our Service
- To monitor the usage of our Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
- To provide you with information, products and services that you request from us
- To ensure that content from our site or Service if present in the most effective manner for you and for your computer,
- Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We use usage data:
- To administer our site and Service and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To inform you about scheduled Service downtimes and new features, to improve our site and Service
- To ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer,
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service, when you choose to do so
- As part of our efforts to keep our site and Service safe and secure
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others and to deliver relevant advertising to you and make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site or Service about our goods or services that may interest you or them.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on a User’s device by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies.
- Persistent Cookies
A persistent cookie is stored on a user’s device in between browser sessions which allows the preferences or actions of a user across the site (or in some cases across different websites) to be remembered. We use persistent cookies to save your login information for future logins to the site.
- Session Cookies
A session cookie allows the site to link your actions during a browser session. We use session cookies to enable certain features of the site, to better understand how you interact with the site and to monitor aggregate usage by users and web traffic routing on the site. Unlike persistent cookies, session cookies are deleted from your computer when you log off from the site and then close your browser.
Browser instructions for removing cookies:
Internet Explorer and Edge
- Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
- Service Providers
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
- Analytics & Marketing Data
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
- Full Story
- Whois Visiting
- Behavioral Remarketing
- Google AdWords
Google AdWords remarketing service is provided by Google Inc. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize the Google Display Network ads by visiting the Google Ads Settings page: http://www.google.com/settings/ads Google also recommends installing the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on – https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout – for your web browser. Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on provides visitors with the ability to prevent their data from being collected and used by Google Analytics. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
Use of Data
- Retention of Data
Preface Studios Ltd will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer Of Data
- As our Services are global and your information (including personal data) may be stored and processed in any country where we have operations or where we engage service providers, and we may transfer your information to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country of residence.
- The personal data that we collect from you may therefore be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or partners. Such staff or subcontractors may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details or the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing outside of the EEA.
- Our site and Services are accessible via the internet and may potentially be accessed by anyone around the world. Other users may access the Site or Services from outside the EEA. This means that where you chose to post your data on our site or within the Services, it could be accessed from anywhere around the world and therefore a transfer of your data outside of the EEA may be deemed to have occurred. You consent to such transfer of your data for and by way of this purpose..
Disclosure Of Data
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, for example Google
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site and Services
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we or a member of our group of companies or substantially all of their assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by them about their customers will be one of the transferred assets
- For Legal Requirements:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Preface Studios Ltd
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will endeavour to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site or the Services. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any credit card information or payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site or Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share any password with anyone.
Preface Studios Ltd aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
Please contact us to make any required changes.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us on email@example.com
In certain circumstances, you have the right:
- To access and receive a copy of the Personal Data we hold about you
- To rectify any Personal Data held about you that is inaccurate
- To request the deletion of Personal Data held about you
- To place a restriction on the processing of your Personal Data
- To object to the processing of your Personal Data
- To withdraw your consent to us processing your Personal Data
You have the right to data portability for the information you provide to Preface Studios Ltd. You can request to obtain a copy of your Personal Data in a commonly used electronic format so that you can manage and move it.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
If you have opted-in to our regular email marketing, you have the right to unsubscribe from our emails. This can be done by clicking the ‘Unsubscribe’ link in the header and footer of our emailer.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 16 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 16. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If you have any complaints about our use of your Personal Data please contact us as set out below under “contact us” or contact the following data protection supervisory authority:
For individuals located in the EU: your local data protection supervisory authority in the country in which you are located or our lead supervisory authority – insert name, address located in insert country.
For all other individuals: The Information Commissioner’s Office at, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF, England.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By visiting this page on our website: prefacestudios.com/contact
- By post: Preface Studios Limited, Studio 1, The Maltings. Bridge Square, Farnham, Surrey. GU9 7QR.
Last updated: 7th Jan 2021